How to pass your RareJob TSA / DEMO


Hey stranger! 

Today's post is from my old blog since it feels more appropriate here - especially for the posts ligned up. Naturally I did a bit of rewriting cause 2013 me was lowkey asking for it. 


I originally wrote this post because I have been receiving tons of emails and requests (still do) on how to pass the TSA. Well, they asked me because I wrote another post about my summer job, which helped me earn 12,000pesos in ONE MONTH. Remind me to write about that next time. For now, let's dedicate this post in helping you brave your Rarejob demo!

Of course, I know how you feel, before I took the demo, I tried googling my way to passing but I didn't find anything. I did pass the TSA though - no thanks to the internet. 


1. THE DEAD AIR HAS GOT TO GO
One thing that will make all the difference during your TSA is the dead air. Yup, it has go to go. My friend and I tried out almost the same time. Sadly, he didn't pass the TSA. His evaluator told him it was because there was so much dead air during the lesson. How do you avoid it? Well, ask your student. Be a little humourous (but in place). If the student cannot understand or follow, it would be best to ask him/her, repeat what you said or give him/her clues. 

2. GETTING TO KNOW YOU-R STUDENT
Getting to know your student is very important. It establishes rapport and credibility. Prepare a short introduction you could use over again. Be friendly (aka use a sweet tone) and find common ground with your students. Ask follow up questions to encourage your student to speak more. In the long run, it helps becoming friends with your students because they will easily remember and go back to you for lessons.

3. START AND END THE CLASS ON TIME
If the required time is 15 or 30 minutes, make sure to go follow your schedulre. Manage your time well without compromising any part of the lesson. Ending the class early is also a big no-no. Give your students what they're paying for. If the lesson ends early, you could either start a conversation or give more feedback.

4. ANSWER Q'S LIKE MISS UNIVERSE
- confidently beautiful with a heart AKA answer questions in your best effort! The student will definitely ask questions. Remember to follow the format on the material. Use the chat box efficiently. Chances are, the questions that will be asked will be easy ones - for now. Also, don't be afraid to use a dictionary or google when you do not know the answer. 

5. LET THE STUDENT KNOW WHAT HE/SHE IS DOING RIGHT
It is very important that you acknowledge the good things the student has done during the lesson. Just don't say "very good" or "good job" - be more specific with your comments. (ie. good pronounciation, well- structured sentences). Also, don't be afraid in correcting his/her errors. Students appreciate it when you let them know what they can improve on as well. That way, he/she knows you really are listening. 

BONUS TIPS:
  • Smile, be cheerful and encourage the student during the lesson
  • Practice can really make perfect!
Follow these tips and for sure, you're gonna make it - I believe in you! :) If you have any questions, leave a comment below with your email. I'll do my very best in writing back, I promise! :) 

Comments

Popular Posts